Saturday, August 6, 2011

Original "first post"

So, the first post I made that didn't actually get posted was about my spending most of  the morning farting around with trying to find a program to convert WAV files on my computer to FLAC files for transferring to my Sansa Fuze and found out that Winamp does that absolutely free.  Anyway, I'm happy now because I can listen to FLAC files on my Sansa without the loss of audio quality inherent to MP3 files.  So. I'm closing out now since I have to go to Smithfield and eat with my family at the Cracker Barrel, (yum!). 

RickH

3 comments:

  1. Rick, do you think I could use those same type of files on my iPod? I mean, I hate being stuck to itunes just to get my music on my iPod. Would love to have a faster & easier way of putting my own CD's on my iPod

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think iPods support FLAC files - you might do a Google search to be sure but I don't believe they accept them. But you should be able to use your iPod with Windows Media Player or any media player other than iTunes and for the best quality sound, rip to 320kbps (the highest quality MP3 files).

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK Rick, thanks for all the info.

    ReplyDelete