Wednesday, May 23, 2012

New original music recording plans

Some of my friends/family know that I play guitar, played with a band many years ago.  In recent years I've basically dabbled in home recording, coming up with instrumental pieces built around a drum machine pattern but not really coming up with finished songs, more like fragments or pieces of music that might sound alright if fully developed.  I think a hang-up for me is that I've been worried too much about making a polished, produced "record" instead of having fun with the process.  Anyway, to cut to the chase, I've been thinking that if I can come up with several complete songs that are of short duration (2 minutes, 30 seconds, max) that should be fairly doable.  So, hopefully I can come up with at least one new tune over the upcoming long weekend (is it Friday yet?!) and post to Facebook for y'all to hear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment